Job opening: Fundraising Manager
GCP is looking for a qualified and enthusiastic candidate to further developing and implementing the funding strategy, ensuring a diversified and secure funding base for the Global Coffee Platform and the collaborating National Coffee Platforms in origin in the coming years.
Key responsibilities include:
Developing and implementing the funding strategy;
- Deepening existing and building new relationships with prospective donors in the agricultural sector with the aim of securing both restricted and unrestricted funds to strengthen existing programs and develop new ones, especially for programs and initiatives of National Coffee Platforms
- in coffee producing countries that partner with GCP,
- for programs on prioritized agenda topics (Collective Action Networks),
- for programs with members (Collective Action Initiatives) or further development of tools;
- Steering proposal development and proposal writing for funding in close collaboration with the Program Manager and other relevant colleagues from GCP team, members, partners and consultants;
- Capacity building and coaching on fundraising for selected staff, including representatives of National Coffee Platform Secretariats.
Profile & qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record of successful fundraising;
- Strong networks and existing relationships in the public and private donor (agricultural) sector; work experience at any relevant donor /foundation is an additional advantage;
- Strong communicator, relationship management and networking skills;
- Efficient proposal writing and donor reporting skills;
- Outstanding customer and service orientation;
- Flexibility and agility combined with focus and result orientation;
- Strategic, holistic and pragmatic thinker;
- Knowledge of agricultural commodity chains and production systems and their sustainability issues;
- Experience of working in an international, multicultural environment;
- Work experience in multistakeholder and membership organisations is an advantage;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the capacity to gather, evaluate and present a variety of data in a concise manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
- Flexible team player with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and ability to perform well in a fast-moving setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; an additional coffee language is an advantage;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office (365)
- Passion for coffee and real impact on farming communities!
- The Global Coffee Platform offers a collaborative, dynamic environment, driven by dedicated international staff that are committed to advancing the long-term sustainability of the coffee sector.
- Part-time position (20 hours / week)
- Period of employment: As soon as possible until December 31st, 2019, with possibility of extension
- Location is at GCP Secretariat in Bonn, Germany (negotiable), required flexibility to travel
- The office language is English;
- An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant, commensurate with skills and qualifications, embedded in the GCP internal salary structure.
How to apply
Please send your application in English (letter of motivation, Curriculum Vitae, reference letters or reference contact details) with likely start date and salary indication by email to Angela Stoelzle firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to “Fundraising Manager” in the subject line of your email. The deadline for applications is April 9th, 2018. Job interviews will take place from calendar week 16 onwards with short-listed candidates. Applications will be treated with all due discretion.
For more information about the Global Coffee Platform please visit: www.globalcoffeeplatform.org
Download the PDF below for more details: